Thursday 8 November 2012

Comeback with Gyaru Manifesto Meme

Hello Gals and Guys!

Firstly I must apologise for the lack of posts recently. After moving from a little flat that cost us pennies we moved to a house with a higher rent and more expensive bills and I have to admit, we were struggling for money and my hobbies kinda took a back-seat. With nothing interesting to post like "gets" etc I just seemed to stop posting but now we have finally settled into the swing of things and I finally have enough money again to spend on non-necessities so here we are.

I wanted to come back with the Gyaru Manifesto Meme. I filled this out back when I first started this blog and I think it's quite interesting to now see how things have changed in terms of my style, Gyaru goals and inspirations etc.

Name: Holly
Location: Suffolk, England
Occupation: Freelance Writer/Administrator
Height: 5'3
Hair/Eyes: Blonde(dyed)/Blue

First discovery of gyaru: I first saw Gyaru back in 2005 when I became interested in Japanese Fashion as a whole. I was first introduced to the Ganguro and Mamba girls that were around then and thought "wow this style is CRAZY!" Needless to say I didn't follow it until a number of years later when I started seeing pictures of Aina and Yumachi and I thought to myself "These bitches are HOT, I want to look like that!"

Your Gyaru Style: Kuronba, Banba/Tsuyome, Ora Ora, Ane Gal, Rokku.

Your Top 5 Gyaru Model Inspirations: 

Mipoti/Mipochi

Yumachi

Sakurina

Yun

Kate Riho



Your Top 5 Gyaru Non-model Inspirations:

Izumi Mana(av gal)

Serina(av gal)

Yuri(Black Diamond)


Hidemi/Demi Utsugi(Black Diamond)

Risa


Your 3 Favorite Gyaru Magazines: Soul Sister, Egg and Ageha.

The Top 6 Gyaru Brands you like best: D.I.A., Lip Service, MA*RS, Golds Infinity, JSG, TutuHA

3 of Your Favorite Coordinates: (not your own)






Your 7 Favorite Fashion Items That You Own:

Sugar Gloss.

D.I.A.

REAL MARS.

Black Ageha(could only find one of the armwarmers for this pic haha woops!)

INGNI

MA*RS

Yumetenbo/DreamV(coat)

Top 10 Gyaru Fashion Goals:
-To feel as though I can actually class myself as Gyaru.
-To lose enough weight to fit into Japanese size S/M
-To buy a D.I.A. Belt! Haha.
-To meet more Gyaru around the world.
-To go to a Gal meet.
-To join a Gal Cir.
-To improve my makeup techniques.
-To learn how to do Suji-Mori well.
-To get a decent Tsuyome/Banba style tan.
-To have enough outfit options to wear Gyaru everyday.

Top 5 Gyaru Achievements:
-Gained overall confidence in myself and my looks.
-Lost weight and toned up (still losing though however).
-Met new people from all over the world.
-Gained hair and makeup skills (though this is annoying because now all my friends want me to constantly do their hair and make for them haha).
-Began learning a new language (Japanese obviously) in order to read magazines and blogs.

To finish, have a picture of my cat, Kingston, sitting on a Pizza box.


No comments:

Post a Comment