Tuesday 8 November 2011

Happie Nuts November 2011 Outfit Picks and My idols/Heroes.

All I seem to be posting recently is outfit Picks! I guess at least now, except for Ranzuki, all the Gal magazines I read have been done for November haha.


I used to dislike magazines like Happie Nuts and Jelly when I first started getting into Gyaru. I was a strictly Agejo follower when I first started and I thought that Happie Nuts and Jelly were a bit too tame but more and more I'm loving the outfits that appear in them and this month's Happie Nuts is no exception.
Again I'm seeing another one of those jumpers with the "From the Sky brings Happiness" slogans on it. I need one, can anyone tell me what brand it is? 

Now, I wanted to post about my idols. Not my fashion inspiration but the people who inspire my life and the way I live. I've narrowed it down to my top 3, the 3 people who's lives and words have made me think about my own life and the way I live it. These are in no specific order.

Dolly Parton.


I'm not a fan of country music but Dolly Parton is one of the most amazing women to have ever lived. Her attitudes towards things are fantastic. She lived a typical Rags-to-riches story going from a "dirt poor" family to being one of the most recognised and richest women in the world.
"There was a woman in our hometown, and everybody said she was trash, you know, the town tramp. But I thought she was beautiful 'cause she had this yellow hair, and she had bright red lipstick, and she wore makeup and tight clothes and bright colours and red finger nails and high-heeled shoes. And I thought 'Thats how I want to look!' I thought she was beautiful..."

Coco Chanel


This woman is the biggest inspiration in terms of where I want to go with my career. Her life is a fascinating story. When she was 12 her mother died from Tuberculosis and her father had already left the family and so she was thrown into an orphanage. She started to sing in bars but when her singing career failed to take off she worked in a tailor shop where she became a mistress to a very rich man and was a "kept woman". Eventually she worked to become a licensed Modiste. She opened her own boutique and well, the rest is history.
“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” 

Rina Sakurai.



I don't know much about her past so I can't give you a story for her but I'm sure you all know her as well as I do. I used to love her as a model but what really changed my view on her and catapulted her into "idol" status for me was reading a translation of her blog post from just before her 27th birthday posted here on the Fuck Yeah Sakurina tumblr. Reading that blog entry just described everything I feel, down to the fact she says she wears such heavy eye-makeup to hide her insecurities; I've done that since I knew what make-up was. To know such a flawlessly beautiful woman has normal insecurities just like the rest of us and has overcome them to be a famous model, actress and even singer in her own right inspires me.
"It’s difficult and I was giving up, but you only have one life, if I’m going to live for however many years I should do what I want at the time or I’ll miss out.
I hear that you shouldn’t use the phrase “Someone like me…” anyway.
In the past I hated my face so much that I broke a mirror twice.
How come that girl’s eyes are so big but mine are like this?
How come that girl’s eyelashes are so long but mine are…
How come that girl’s nose is tall but mine is…
How come that girl’s teeth are so nice but mine are…
How come that girl…I hated everything about myself, I got angry, I cried, every day I was irritated.
Right now the reason why my makeup is dark is to deceive everything."

I'd like to ask you all what your idols are, if you have any? I wonder how many of you have the same idols as me or how different our inspirations are.

No comments:

Post a Comment