I have to be honest with you, I hate trying to decide what I should write in a first post. I guess I hate trying to explain myself and know that if you continue to read this blog you'll get to know me anyways! However, I've seen this Meme floating around other gal's blogs and thought it would probably be my best bet for the first post, so here it is.
Name: Holly, Cupcake, Coco, Milk, Milky, whatever.
Location: Norfolk, UK.
Occupation: Currently studying.
First Discovery of Gyaru: Everyone remembers seeing pictures of Mamba and Ganguro when they first start researching Japanese Fashions. I became curious. The look was different, it was wild and I wanted to know more. After finding communities (Ricoche and the E_G Livejournal Comm) I found it had moved on a LOT since then but I also found that this was the style I'd been searching for. A style I loved and that fit my personality so well.
Favourite Gyaru styles: Agejo, Hime, Onee though they all inspire me. Some fit my existing wardrobe more then others .
Top 5 Model Inspirations:
4. Aina Tanaka
Top 5 Non-Model Gyaru Inspirations:
1. MA*RS Shopstaff
3. D.I.A. Shopstaff
Top 3 Gyaru Magazines:
Top 6 Gyaru Brands:1. MA*RS
2. Gold's Infinity
4. Liz Lisa
3 Favourite Co-Ordinates this season:
7 Favourite Fashion Items you own (I'll update with pics when I'm back home):1. Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat.
2. Black bow-topped stockings
3. Black Lace Shorts.
4. Black and white Lace Top.
5. Knee-high leather boots
6. Leopard Print & Dimante belt.
7. Black & White bow Cardigan.
10 Gyaru Fashion Goals:
1. Loose weight.
2. Grow my hair.
3. Perfect my hair curling.
4. Perfect my Gyaru make-up techniques.
5. Learn to make good 3d nails.
6. Own a piece from all of my favourite brands.
7. Learn to accessorise properly to add that bit of extra "oomph" to an outfit.
8. Take more pictures of my co-ords and hair & make.
9. To be as inspirational as the gajin gyaru that inspire me.
10. To gain self confidence and be proud of my look.
5 Gyaru Achievements:
1. Gained enough self confidence to wear skirts and shorts (fair enough always with tights but w/e).
2. Learned to tease my hair correctly.
3. Got a haircut that suits me and that I like.
4. Learnt to apply self-tan correctly and guage the right shade for my skin.
5. Found a style that suits me and that I enjoy wearing.