Thursday 16 December 2010

My makeup techniques and new lashes.

I got a new set of eyelashes through today that I'd completely forgotten about even buying Photobucket so I decided that the best way to show them off would be to show you my make-up techniques.

I'm really quite nervous about this because I really hate my face without make-up on it so I hope you dont judge me too much.
I'd like to also say, before I begin, that I'm not saying "This is how to do Gyaru Makeup", this is just my technique. If you like it, then I'd love to see your attempt at it but dont forget that different face shapes and eye shapes will be better suited then others Photobucket.




These are the items you're going to need for this.

Photobucket
- Concealer
- 2 Types of foundation (one lighter, one darker).
- Bronzer
- A pearlescent white tone eyeshadow
- White eyeliner
- 3 brown eyeshadow tones (one light, one mid, one dark)
- a black eyeshadow
- pencil liner in black
- liquid liner in black
- Mascara
- Eyelash curlers
- Eyelash glue
and of course

Photobucket

Your eyelashes. 2 types, one for the top and one for the bottom.

So this is me all fresh-faced and ready for make-up Photobucket. I dont know how some of you gals put on makeup when you've done all your hair but I certainly can't! It's slicked back for me and horribly frizzy, so ignore that!

Photobucket

We're in need of some serious improvements here. First we start off with concealer.

Photobucket

The main areas to conceal are under the eyes, the middle of the forehead, the chin and the centre of the nose. Obviously this will differ with each person but I find these are the places that have the most discolouration, visible pores and blemishes. I also cover any spots present.

Then we have to apply foundation.

Photobucket

I use the darker colour first and apply to the whole face, including the eyes. For this reason the foundation must not be too oily as it will cause your eyeliner to run easier and smudge easier.

When you've finished apply more concealer to any blemishes you can still see that you'd rather not.

Photobucket

I then add the second, lighter colour foundation just to the t-zone, the chin and the reddish parts of my cheeks closest to my nose.

You may have noticed that my face is a slightly different colour to my neck. This is because I tan my body but not my face and add bronzer when I put on my make-up (flash makes this look waay worse then it actually is. The colours are a lot less harsh but I'm sure you can tell).

Photobucket

I add a light covering of bronzer to my entire face to bring the colour closer to that of the rest of my body.

Now the basics are done, we need to bring some shape back into the face.

Photobucket

I use a higher concentration of bronzer on my jawline. As I have a square-jaw I cover over the harsh corners with the bronzer to soften the shape of my face and make it appear more "heart-shaped". I also have a wide-bridge on my nose. I use the bronzer on the edges to make it appear thinner.

Obviously this all looks a bit strange at the moment so it's time to add some highlight.

Photobucket

I add pearlescent white eyeshadow to the middle of my nose and take that up onto the forehead. I also add a little under my eyes and across the top of my cheekbones and a little in the centre of my chin.

Keep hold of that white shadow

Photobucket

Using a hard-brush or an eye-shadow "sponge" apply the white eyeshadow across the bottom lash-line and around the tearduct. Concentrate on bringing out the corners of your eyes. Afterwards go over this with your white eyeliner and apply it to the waterline as well (I know the light makes this look yellow but it is white, honest!).

Photobucket

With the same white eyeshadow sweep it over the eyelid taking it right up to your eyebrows and extending slightly out.

Photobucket

Take your lightest shade of brown shadow and go over your lid. Keep the inner corner white and extend a little out from the outer corner of your eye.

Photobucket

Grab your liquid liner and go along your top lashline. Dont extend down to your tearduct but end where your lashes end. Extend it out away from the outer corner. I take the line downwards a little, following the shape of my eye (you'll see this clearer when I add the bottom eyeliner).

Photobucket

Next get your mid-brown tone and put it in the crease of your eye and the outer corner of your eye.

Photobucket

Next take your darkest brown and go along the top line of your eyeliner. This will add a smokey effect to your eye. I also take this out away from the outer edge to create a sort of "cat eye" effect.

Photobucket

Now you can do your lower lash-line. I do this below my lower lashes. I join the line up to the upper lid-line and take it below my lower lashes and curve up-wards until I'm against the waterline. I also took the time to go over my upper lash-line with the pencil to bring it out. I then shaded both lines with a little bit of black eyeshadow to bring it out further.

Photobucket

Next, curl your lashes and add a coating of mascara to your upper lashes. Not too much but enough so that they dont show up underneath your false ones.

Photobucket

Add your falsies into the mix and you can see that the whole thing is coming together already! I also took this time to go over my white eyeliner again to make sure it really stood out.

Photobucket

Now to add the finishing touches. Add a pink shade of blush to the apples of your cheeks and a nude lip-gloss to finish the look.

Photobucket

And here is the completed look with the hair too!

Here are my co-ords for today too. You finally get to see my customised skirt in action Photobucket.

Photobucket


The whole make-up and hair look was inspired by this picture of Himena Osaki. I hope you can see it in the pics Photobucket.

Photobucket

Thanks for reading. I hope I helped your makeup technique in some way! Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Kind comments only though please.

No comments:

Post a Comment